The Space Coast Science Education Alliance (SCSEA) is an affiliation of organizations and individuals devoted to education, science and the environment. The alliance is a 501(c)3 that promotes STEM literacy through joint activities and support of member projects. Members include teachers and educators from all organizations across the county in public and private sectors along with retired teachers and community members.
SCSEA Speaker Series
The SCSEA Speaker Series provides students and the general public with information on timely science-related topics by engaged scientists. The Speaker Series presentations take place twice a year in the early evenings, at various hosting sites around the county.
Florida Regional Science Bowl for Middle School
The Florida Regional Middle School Competition will be an in person event at the Florida Solar Energy Center in Cocoa, FL on March 5, 2022
Registration information and rules are available at: https://spacecoastscience.org/
Penny Hall: email@example.com
Guytri Still: firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice with review questions available at: https://science.osti.gov/wdts/nsb/Regional-Competitions
Exemplary Science Teacher Awards
The Exemplary Science Teacher Awards program was started in 1999 by the SCSEA and the Brevard Science Advisory Council to recognize outstanding science teachers in Brevard County. Annually, SCSEA holds a recognition ceremony to honor eight science teachers from Brevard County who demonstrate best practices in the area of science instruction. It is our way of saying thank you for a job well done. As a community, we send a strong message when we identify and reward those great teachers that educate our children.
- Teacher Nomination Form (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 94kb)
- List of previous winners (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 35kb)
- 2021 Exemplary Science Teacher Awardees
Research Rules! …. 2021
Has been cancelled for this year.
Aspiring Scientist Award
Each year, the SCSEA presents the Aspiring Scientist Award to two elementary students whose science fair projects, although not first place winners, showed unusual creativity and scientific thinking. These students are recognized to inspire their continued interest in science.
Space Coast Science Education Alliance Members
- American Millennium Foundation / International Science Center
- Brevard County Natural Resource Management
- Brevard County Parks and Recreation
- Brevard County Public Schools
- Brevard County Solid Waste Department
- Brevard Nature Alliance
- Brevard Zoo
- Canaveral Council of Technical Societies
- City of Melbourne, Public Works and Utilities Department
- Ginger Davis, Founding Member, Consultant
- Eastern Florida State College Planetarium & Observatory
- Florida Solar Energy Center
- Florida 2064, Inc.
- Foster Thayer, Brevard Public Schools (retired)
- Guytri Still, Brevard Public Schools (retired)
- Hundred Acre Hollows, Inc
- Keep Brevard Beautiful
- Marine Resources Council
- Mary Romjue, PhD, University of Central Florida (retired)
- Rolling Readers
- Sierra Club – Turtle Coast Chapter (TCSC)
- Space Coast STEM Council
- University of Florida IFAS Extension
- Women in Defense, Central Florida Chapter
Questions? Please Contact SCSEA at email@example.com